The Sun’s annual crossing of the equator; where it stands directly overhead bringing a period of equal day and night everywhere on earth; marks the first day of spring in the Northern Hemisphere, or autumn in the Southern Hemisphere.
March is the vernal equinox and also the time when the water sign of Pisces enters into Aries, the creative fire sign. Aries is the fire sign of new beginnings, and much esoteric significance is attributed to this time of the year.
Following excerpt from: “Aligning with Truth”
It is an excellent time to initiate a new order within your life.
– It is an ideal time for burning out the old — the burning of the dross — so that new seeds have room to sprout and be given new expression.
– It is also a time in which the veil between the physical and the spiritual is thinned, creating opportunities to access and invoke dynamic spiritual energy into one’s life.
– Its energy can be used to accelerate our own growth or to open new patterns for it throughout the rest of the spring.
– It is an excellent time to invoke energy that will assist you in making things new within all areas of your life.
– The inner temples are more accessible so that the secrets of life can be more deeply attuned to.
– It is a powerful time for releasing fiery healing energies.
– For the advanced disciple it is an ideal time to fashion the soul body so that the individual can function consciously in the spiritual world.
For the true student of the spiritual mysteries, it is during the spring that the energy is available that facilitates the undergoing of discipleship. The individual must learn to roll away the stones of personal and sense limitation and come forth, bringing the Inner Light out into the external world. At this time of the year, the individual can open to the path of probation and learn to access the vibrant force of the planet to heal the self and others. http://mytruthsetsmefree.wordpress.com/2012/03/21/spiritual-mysteries-of-the-vernal-equinox/